Creamy Potato Bake (serves 4)
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion finely sliced
- 1 clove or crushed garlic
- 5 potatoes (about 600 gm) peeled and sliced
- 185 ml Carnation light and creamy evaporated milk
- 1/2 c trim milk
- 1 tsp vegetable stock powder
Heat the oven to 180C. Heat the oil in a fry pan and cook the onion until soft and lastly add in the garlic.
Layer the sliced potatoes with the onions and garlic in a greased oven proof dish. Combine the milks and the stock and pour over. Cover with foil and bake for 30 mins and then back another 30 mins uncovered until golden.
If you are not feeling quite so righteous, the addition of some finely grated parmesan is also very tasty!