Earl Grey Tea Loaf
- 500 g mixed dried fruit (raisins, mixed peel, chopped figs, apricots, raisins) or whatever you have in the pantry
- Finely grated zest of a lemon
- ¾ c of strong Earl Grey tea
- ¾ c lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 c flour
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp mixed spice
Place the dried fruit, zest and hot tea in a large bowl, and cover with plastic wrap and leave overnight.
Preheat the oven to 160 C. Grease and line a medium size loaf tin.
Mix the sugar and egg into the fruit mixture. Sift in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Turn the mixture into the tin and smooth off the top. Bake for 1 ½ hours. (Also freezes well.)
- 60 ml cream
- 360 g white chocolate
- A few drops of coconut essence
Place these ingredients in a heat proof bowl. Melt them over a pot of boiling water being careful not to let the bowl touch the water.
Stir to combine and when the chocolate is melted remove from the heat and leave to cool. Refrigerate until firm.
Scoop out teaspoons full of the mixture and place on a lined tray and refreeze for about 30 minutes.
Roll into balls and roll in desiccated coconut. Store in the fridge (out of sight!)