Chicken and Bean Teriyaki Rice
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 ½ cups of cooked brown rice
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 ½ - 2 cups of broad bean (I like them podded steamed and double shelled)
- Fresh coriander and spring onions to garnish
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 c Japanese rice wine
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
To make the sauce heat all the ingredients together and simmer for 2 mins. Pour into a jug and set aside.
Dice the chicken and marinade in half of the teriyaki sauce for about 10 minutes while you prepare and dice the vegetables. Brown the chicken in a pan with the sesame oil. When cooked add in the vegetables, cooked rice and remaining sauce. Serve in bowls and garnish.