Annie's Ramblings - 25 October 2019
Hi there, another week has rolled around and we are in serious danger of overhearing conversations about Christmas parties, decorations and holiday plans as October draws to a close and the end of the year begins to sneak up on us!
However November is promising to be a very busy month at Annie’s with our regular classes continuing and a few other things thrown in for good measure.
- Saturday 2nd November – Woolly Stitcher's Day at Annie’s
- Saturday 9th November – Country Day in Cromwell (Annie’s is a guest merchant)
- Saturday-Sunday –16th November. We will travelling to Melbourne for a trade show and catching up with family
- Saturday–Sunday 23-24th November - “Bunnies” Machine Applique Class with Griet Lombard.
- Saturday 7 December will be the last Woolly Stitcher's Day for this year.
In the last week we have had lots of new fabric arrive in including this quirky little Christmas range from Anni Downs (Hatched and Patched). It is not too late to work on some handmade gifts for Christmas, and if you need some inspiration we have lots of Christmas books, patterns and stitcheries in stock.
This little bag would also make a nice gift for Christmas. It is all sewn on the machine, and all the squares are pre-cut for you making it quick, easy and achievable. The kit is $68.00 and also includes the koki clips and waxed cord for the handle. Or you can purchase it as a pattern for $24.60. There is also an extra pattern for a glasses case that is included.
This week’s recipe is a good crowd pleaser, and can be served with rice or a salad as part of a BBQ meal.
Spicy Chicken Skewers
- 4 chicken breasts (cubed)
- 3 tbsp unsweetened natural yogurt
- Rind and juice of a lemon or lime
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon each of ground cumin, paprika, garam masala and crushed garlic.
- ½ teaspoon each of ginger or sliced fresh ginger.
Combine all the ingredients together and leave to marinate for at least 2 hours, before threading the chicken onto skewers. Grill, barbecue or bake in the oven using the marinade to baste while cooking.
I hope we have some BBQ weather over the weekend so that you can enjoy this recipe...and don’t forget that we will be open all weekend including Labour Day Monday. A good time to come and check out the Christmas present your partner/husband is buying you (and possibly doesn’t know yet) as our ex-symposium machine deals continue! J