Shredded Pork and Black Bean Chilli
- 1.5 kg pork roast
- 1 large onion
- 3 stalks of celery
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of black beans in chilli sauce
- 1 can of whole corn kernels (fresh or frozen can be used)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 c of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tsp ground cumin,
- 1 tsp chilli paste (to taste)
- 2-3 drops of liquid smoke
- salt and pepper
Trim the pork roast of fat and brown the meat in a pot with the onion and garlic. Transfer this to the crock pot adding in all the other ingredients.
Slow cook on low for 10 hours. Half an hour before serving remove the pork and shred. Return to the slow cooker and stir in. Adjust the seasons to taste and serve over rice or with tortillas and your favourite toppings.