Mini Christmas Cakes (makes 6)
- ¼ c sugar
- ¼ c water
- 75 g water
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit
- ¼ tsp almond essence
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ c flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
Place sugar, water, butter and fruit in saucepan and bring to the boil. Remove and leave to cool.
Stir in the egg, essence, and sifted dry ingredients. Mix until combined and place into 6 greased and lined muffin tins. Bake at 140 C for about 4o minutes or until golden and cooked through.
Smoked Chicken and Asaragus Salad
- ½ a smoked chicken
- ½ cup of honey mustard dressing or vinaigrette
- 1 fresh mango (or tinned is fine)
- 1 bunch of asparagus, lightly steamed or blanched
- ½ cucumber, deseeded
- 1 red capsicum
- 6-8 Snow peas
- 1 zucchini, sliced or cut into ribbons
- 1 small lettuce
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped mint
- Fresh coriander to garnish
Cut the smoked chicken into bite size pieces and toss in the dressing. Leave this to stand while you prepare the vegetables. Combine all the ingredients and serve.