Teriyaki Chicken Rice Salad
- 1 c sushi rice
- ¼ rice wine
- ¼ teriyaki sauce
- 4 cm piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 2 c cooked chicken
- 1 telegraph cucumber, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 carrots, cut into match sticks
- 120 g spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 sheet nori
Rinse the sushi rice and then cook with water in a saucepan or rice maker until tender. Set aside to cool.
Combine the rice with the vinegar, sauce and ginger in a large bowl. Add the chicken, vegetables and seeds. Toss gently to combine and sprinkle with the finely shredded nori.
Cheesy Spinach/Silverbeet Dip
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 100g finely chopped spinach or silverbeet
- ¼ c milk
- ¼ cup grated cheese (such as cheddar or tasty)
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese
- 250 g cream cheese
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a small pan heat the oil and cook the onion and garlic until tender. Pour off any excess liquid.
In a saucepan heat the milk and cheeses stirring until melted. Add the cooked vegetables and seasonings. Pour into a heat proof ramekin and sprinkle with a little extra mozzarella. Place under the grill for a few minutes until golden.