- 2 small heads (or 1 large) cut into florets
- 230 g can of water chestnuts sliced
- 4 T vinaigrette
- Freshly ground pepper
- Crispy fried bacon to garnish
Cook the broccoli until bright green and just tender. Drain and then combine with the water chestnuts and vinaigrette. Garnish with the pepper and bacon. Serve warm.
Vinaigrette – Combine 3 parts oil, and 1 part vinegar, 2 tsp French mustard, 1 tsp sugar and salt and pepper to taste.
Smoked Chicken and Avocado
- 250 g carton of sour cream
- 2 T mayonnaise
- 4 T lemon juice
- 2 T wholegrain mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 shredded smoked chicken
- 3 spring onions
- 2 avocados
Blend the sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard and pepper. Add in the smoked chicken and chill until ready to serve. Add in the spring onion and sliced avocado and serve in a lettuce cup.