Spicy Chicken Skewers
- 4 chicken breasts (cubed)
- 3 tbsp unsweetened natural yogurt
- Rind and juice of a lemon or lime
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon each of ground cumin, paprika, garam masala and crushed garlic.
- ½ teaspoon each of ginger or sliced fresh ginger.
Combine all the ingredients together and leave to marinate for at least 2 hours, before threading the chicken onto skewers. Grill, barbecue or bake in the oven using the marinade to baste while cooking.
Kumara, Coconut and Ginger Salad
- 1 kg kumara, peeled and diced
- 1 bunch of fresh asparagus or beans or spinach
- 2 red capsicums
- For the dressing:
- 125 g coconut milk
- 2 tsp shredded fresh ginger
- Fresh mint leaves
- Juice of a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Add the diced kumara to a pot of boiling water and cook until tender. Drain and rinse under cold running water.
Lightly steam the asparagus, drain and cool. Deseed and finely chop the red peppers and combined all the vegetables together in a large bowl.
To make the dressing, place all the ingredients in a screw top jar and shake to combine. Pour over the salad and serve at room temperature.