Whispers Prune, Pecan, Walnut and Apricot Slice
- 1 cup each of flour, sugar and desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 125g butter, melted
- 1 cup each peacans, walnuts, dried apriots, pitted prunes roughly chopped
- 1-1 ½ cans of sweetened condensed milk
Preheat the oven to 180C. Line the base and sides of a Swiss roll pan with baking paper. Combine the flour, sugar, coconut and baking powder in a bowl. Add the melted butter.
Press -into the pan and bake for 12-15 mins or until slightly golden. Scatter the nuts and fruit on top of the base and pour the condensed milk evenly over. Bake for 20-30 mins until golden. Cool and then cut into squares with a very sharp knife. - YUM!
Chunky Leek and Potato Soup
- 1.5 kg leeks trimmed washed and chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300 g bacon
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 kg floury potatoes
- 2 litres of chicken stock
- 1 ½ tsp salt
Heat the oil in a large pot, add the vegetable and cook for ten minutes. Pour in the wine and cook gently for 20 minutes with the lid on.
Add the stock and freshly ground black pepper and cook for a further 45 minutes. Puree 2/3 of the soup in a food processor. Return it to the pot and mix together. Season to taste, garnish and serve with some delicious crusty bread.